2 French shallots, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons (45 ml) of roasted camelina oil Signé caméline
1 piece of 2 inches (5 cm) long of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
8 cups (2 litres) of chicken broth
2 tablespoons (30 ml) of fish sauce
2 star anise
Chopped red hot pepper, to taste
1 package (225 g) of rice vermicelli
3/4 lb (340 g) of Chinese fondue beef
3 cups (750 ml) of bean sprouts
4 green onions, thinly sliced
8 to 12 mushrooms, cut in thin slices
2 tablesppons (30 ml) of roasted camelina seeds Signé caméline
Fresh Thai basil, chopped
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Red hot pepper, minced
Lime wedges (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the shallots in 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of oil. Add the ginger and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the broth and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat. Adjust the seasoning. Set side and keep warm.
- In a pot of boiling water, immerse the rice vermicelli. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- In 4 large bowls, divide the noodles, beef, bean sprouts, green onions and mushrooms. Add the steaming broth and the roasted camelina seeds. Pour a drizzle of roasted camelina oil over each bowl and serve.
- Place all ingredients for the filling on a large serving plate and let guests add them to the soup as they please.