2 tbsp. (30 ml) ginger
4 garlic cloves
½ cup (125 ml) cilantro stems
2 green onions, in large chunks
2 jalapenos, sliced
1 tbsp. (15 ml) fennel seeds
1 tbsp. (15 ml) coriander seeds
1 tbsp. (15 ml) ground turmeric
2 tbsp. (30 ml) Signé Caméline roasted camelina seeds
1 tbsp. (15 ml) Signé Caméline roasted camelina oil
1 tbsp. (15 ml) Signé Caméline camelina honey
1 can of coconut milk
2 cups (500 ml) broth of your choice
1 red bell pepper, julienned
300g raw prawns, your choice
2 cups (500 ml) bean sprouts
1 cup (250 ml) broccolini (or broccoli) sticks
10 fresh coriander leaves
2 limes (juice only)
2 cups (500 ml) rice vermicelli, cooked
- Put all the ingredients for the aromatic paste in the food processor. Add 2 tbsp. (30 ml) water and season with S&P. Puree until smooth.
- In a pot over medium heat sprayed with oil, put the aromatic paste. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the coconut milk and broth to the cauldron. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large sieve, put the shrimp and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam the soup cauldron for 5 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, add the lime juice to the cauldron and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Garnish two bowls with the rice noodles, vegetables and shrimp. Then add the broth and coriander leaves.
Roasted camelina seeds will help thicken the soup and give a creamy texture to the broth, in addition to giving us an incredible flavor punch.
Recipe credit Le fit cook