15 large mushrooms
225g chopped Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
1 1/2 tsp. (23ml) minced garlic
1/2 package (115g) cream cheese
1/3 cup (85ml) grated Parmesan
1/3 cup (85ml) grated mozzarella
1/4 cup (65ml) chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. (3ml) onion powder
5 tbsp (75 ml) of camelina oil
1/3 cup (85 ml) panko-style breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cut off the mushroom stems and set aside in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the mushroom caps upside down on the pan.
- Add the sausage to a pan. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes until completely golden. Chop the meat well with a spatula during cooking. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat. Pour a drizzle of camelina oil. Add the mushroom stems and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Transfer to the same bowl as the cooked sausage.
- Add the cream cheese, Parmesan, mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of parsley, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Brush the caps (mushrooms) with camelina oil.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with a tablespoon of camelina oil.
- Divide the stuffing among the mushrooms.
- Roll the mushrooms in the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.