1 cup (250mL) whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. (30mL) camelina seeds, ground
2 tbsp. (30mL) grated Parmesan
1 C. (15mL) camelina oil
1 C. (15mL) dried oregano
2 tbsp. (10ml) salt
⅓ cup (85 ml) of water
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients except the water. Mix well.
- Stir in the water in batches until a dough ball forms.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface sprinkled with flour. Knead the dough by hand for 5 minutes, adding more flour as you go so that it does not stick to your hands.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to make it as thin as possible.
- With a fork, prick the entire surface of the pastry to prevent it from puffing in the oven. With a brush, spread a thin layer of water over the surface of the dough and sprinkle with salt and camelina seeds.
- Using a pizza wheel, divide the dough into 35 crackers and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve on a platter with cold cuts, fruits or nuts.
Photo and recipe credit: Le Fitcook