2 cups (500 ml) of plain Greek yogurt
2 cups (500 ml) of white flour
A pinch of salt
1 drizzle of virgin camelina oil Signé Caméline
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup (60 ml) of grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. (45 ml) of roasted camelina seeds Signé Caméline
2 cups (500 ml) of fresh basil, chopped
3 tbsp. (45 ml) of virgin camelina oil Signé Caméline
1 lemon (zest & juice)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tbsp. (30 ml) of Parmesan cheese ribbons
1 tbsp. (15 ml) of dried chili flakes
10 basil leaves
2 tbsp. (30 ml) of roasted camelina oil Signé Caméline
- For the pasta: in a bowl, combine the yogurt and flour. Add a pinch of salt and a drizzle of oil. Mix well to make a paste.
- On a floured work surface, transfer the dough. Knead for 5 minutes, adding extra flour to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Make large rolls with the dough and cut into large pieces (similar to gnocchis). Put aside.
- For the pesto, combine all the ingredients with a mortar and pestle or in a blender. Season with salt and pepper and puree to make a pesto (rustic or smooth).
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta for about 3 minutes, or until it rises to the surface. Collect 1/2 cup (125 ml) of pasta cooking water with a cup.
- In a skillet over medium heat, put the pesto. Cook for 2 minutes, before adding the pasta and cooking water. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Serve the basil-camelina pesto pasta with the toppings.
Camelina seeds in pesto are a great substitute for pine nuts. They bring a good herbaceous taste to our preparation that enriches the taste of basil. Also, their gelling effect gives a very consistant and creamy result.