1/2 cup (125 mL) water
2 tbsp. (30 mL) unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
2 tbsp. (30 mL) virgin camelina oil
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) unbleached flour
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) 35% whipping cream
1/4 cup (60 ml) icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla extract
[Dark chocolate filling with camelina]
96g of 70% dark chocolate with camelina oil
- In a saucepan, bring the water, butter and oil to a boil. Then remove from the heat and suddenly add the flour and stir vigorously.
- Return to low heat (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and let cool (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating quickly with an electric mixer, until the dough is smooth.
- Use an ice cream scoop (ref. Used Size 50) and divide into 26 puffs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the center of the oven at 375 ° F, until the pastry is golden, about 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let dry for about 12 minutes with the door ajar. Let cool completely on a wire rack before garnishing.
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (About 4-5 minutes)
- When the puffs are cool (use a pastry bag), prick the inside of the puffs on the side with a pointed nozzle and fill each puff with whipped cream. Put aside.
[Dark chocolate filling]
- In a small bowl, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Temper each of the puffs filled with whipped cream in the melted chocolate.
- Your choice of decorating with sparkling candies!