3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. tsp. (3 ml) of vanilla extract
2 cups (500 ml) of icing sugar
[Honey pound cake]
1 1/2 cup (375 ml) of flour
1/4 tsp. (1 ml) of salt
1 tsp. (5 ml) of baking powder
1/2 cup (125 ml) of butter, softened
1/2 cup (125 ml) of virgin camelina oil Signé caméline
1/2 cup (125 ml) of sugar
1/4 cup (65 ml) of camelina honey Signé Caméline
1 tsp. (5 ml) of vanilla extract
1 bar (48 g) of milk chocolate with camelina oil Signé caméline
1 bar (48 g) of 70% dark chocolate with camelina oil Signé caméline
- In a bowl, mix the butter with the vanilla using an electric mixer, until it becomes creamy.
- At low speed, gradually add the sugar and mix until the icing becomes smooth and frothy.
[Honey pound cake]
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter with the sugar, using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, honey and vanilla in the second bowl. Whisk until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, then pour the dough into it. Equalize the surface.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- In a large bowl, crumble the cake using a fork or a robot mixer. If the cake is dry, it will crumble more easily.
- Add the vanilla icing to the crumbled cake and mix with a fork or a spatula.
- Form round balls, the size of a walnut, rolling them in the palm of the hand.
- Melt the chocolate bars in a double boiler.
- Dip the tip of a 1 cm stick in the chocolate and prick a ball; repeat this operation with every balls.
- Place the cake lollipops in the regrigerator for 2 hours.
- After the regrigeration period, soak the lollipop balls in the bowl of melted chocolate so that they are well covered. Let cool for 5 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
- Decorate the lollipops with candies or treats.To apply them, dip one of the surfaces of the candy in the chocolate and then affix it to the cake ball.