3/4 cup (190 mL) plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
1/3 cup (85 mL) coconut oil
1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
3 egg whites
3 very ripe bananas (black)
2 cups (500 mL) oatmeal
1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
3 tbsp. (45 ml) plain camelina seed
* optional chocolate chips *
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and baking soda. Reserve.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the coconut oil and brown sugar for 5 min. Add the egg whites and the vanilla and mix well.
- Mash the bananas and add to the mixture of Greek yogurt and baking soda. Combine baking powder, camelina seeds and oatmeal and add to liquid ingredients, mixing to incorporate.
- Divide the dough into loaf tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.
Picture and recipe credit : Chef Mayer